Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login) - Tenants
Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login)
Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Commercial Real Estate (people helping people)
 Laws, Regulations and Codes
 Tenants
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vacation4you

4 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  15:24:03  Show Profile  Visit vacation4you's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I rent vacation homes. I never discriminate. There are a lot of housing laws that deal with discrimination. You could be sued for quite a bit. The strange thing is the worse group I ever rented to was a bunch of older women. I figured they would be wonderful clean renters. So I rented them a beach home over a 4 day holiday weekend. These ladies were having a girl’s weekend. I don't like renting to big groups but I figured it would be alright.

It went wrong when they decided to take dance lessons and hired a dance instructor to come to the house. I had nice pretty wood floors. I don't know if they were doing line dancing stomping their cowboy boots or whether is was latin dancing with high heels? All know is my beautiful wood floors were destoyed. Lots of scratches and deep marks. It ended up by far being the most expensive repairs I ever had to do to one my vacation rentals.

Racism/sexism is terrible. We are all part of the human race and everyone deserves to have a chance to make their life a little better. That is one reason why I rent vacation homes...to help people enjoy life a little bit more, no matter what their background is. Life is short for everyone no one is unequal...that is why I suggest lots of vacations!! I have some great rentals. You can e-mail me at:

vacation4you@satline.net

Kashe_Phloe

4 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  17:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You better watch out for "ageism"
Go to Top of Page

Teri Scheinzeit

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  05:34:36  Show Profile  Visit Teri Scheinzeit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow. That's an unfortunate story. Sorry about your floors!

Thought I'd pass along this info. A friend of mine rents her vacation home in PA. She has had fabulous luck renting to a particular niche of people with pets. One would think this would not be a great market as pets would create lots of damage but she says the renters have been amazing. They clean up everything and leave the place looking better than when they got it. This has been her experience over time with many renters. There are many pet friendly places to check out on the web if you are interested. Good luck!

Teri Scheinzeit
The Savvy Business Coach
www.savvybizowner.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login) © 2007-05 Unified Computer Systems Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000