Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login) - Lawyers and regulations
Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login)
Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Commercial Real Estate (people helping people)
 Laws, Regulations and Codes
 Lawyers and regulations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Lasko

1 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  10:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First I have disabled people in my family that have special needs.
so they are a big priority in my life. I follow all the handicap codes on all my properties. I have carried people and wheel chairs up steps plenty of times so I work very hard on making a better world for the disabled. I built a wheel chair ramp myself on one property.

However, if you see someone parking a fancy european luxury car outside your property (ie. top of the line Mercedes or Ashton Martin etc.) and they get out in a expensive suit too nice for your neighborhood and they are holding a measuring tape look out and pay close attention. If they proceed to your wheel chair ramp or walkway and starting measuring the inclines you are going to be a victim of a small business shakedown. The lawyer is going to find something wrong...like your walkway is 1/2 inch off a building code or something similar. Then the lawsuit comes. Perhaps there will be a photo of someone struggling with a wheel chair on your property even when that is not possible. There will be a threat of taking you to court. Suddenly, you find if you pay the lawyer and the shady client the shakedown money you can save a lot of legal costs.

My point to avoid this read Americans with Disabilities Act and follow it word for word.

Don't believe me read this:

http://www.disabilityrightsca.org/news/PriceOfAccess/Part1Visionary.htm

More lawyers are in this business these days as other scams they run are being questioned. The fact is many lawyers are blood suckers. However, I do respect the lawyers who put crimminals away and the ones who protect our children. Unfortunately, a lot of lawyers are greedy and don't mind being evil to get their nice cars etc.

Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login) © 2007-05 Unified Computer Systems Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000