Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login) - stock market is going up but don't jump for joy
Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login)
Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Commercial Real Estate (people helping people)
 Economics and The Impact On Commercial Real Estate
 stock market is going up but don't jump for joy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bulldog
Administrator

11 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  22:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the stock market is going up. Good for my 401k but I am wondering about my real estate. I am very dependent on bank loans and cash out refinances for remodeling. So what happens when the stocks go up and the economy starts moving again? The fed will raise interest rates. Look the fed has to raise rates sometime, we are at record lows. I am just sending out a warning so you donít get caught in the debt trap. Rates my go up sooner then you think as we are linked to a global economy that despite our crisis has allowed some countries to move a long without a hitch. Despite what a lot of the American politicians want you to believe countries with more conservative banking systems have done just fine over the last few years. Also remember we have not really revamped our banking system. We just put some patches on the flat tire and added some more air.
About 9 trillion worth of air that has started to trickle down and make the tire bigger. Go stocks!
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/02/04/business/20090205-bailout-totals-graphic.html

So I hope it holds! As there is a really big hill we just went up and I would hate to blow the tire again on the way down. My prediction is rates will go up soon because we will need a little power in the brakes.

By the way this website does not seem to sell anything?? I think I am happy, joyful and a little bit impressed. Too many security holes over at facebook I will hang out here.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Broker Social Commercial Real Estate and Property Discussion (To Post Login) © 2007-05 Unified Computer Systems Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000